Thursday 10 December 2015

Learner Response

WWW: You pick out some good aspects from the production and your assessment of the strengths and weaknesses is pretty honest and accurate.

EBI: However, you haven’t completed the task – there are only 400 words here and 500 was the absolute minimum. Written English is poor in places – I don’t think you have proof-read this work and overall this lack of attention to detail is extremely disappointing. In fact, I’m starting to become quite worried you will underachieve in Media – this is way below what we expect and your Film Language assessment was an E grade. A pattern is developing that you need to actively address – if you want a good grade in Media you need to change the way you work and do it quickly. For this evaluation, you write a lot about the process but don’t analyse the production as a media text. For the real evaluation in March you must consider the impact on audience and deconstruct the aspects of film language in detail.

LR: 
  • I will need to re-read over my work.
  • Make sure what I talk about is more detailed, e.g, the different aspects of film language.
  • I need to consider the impact of the audiences.
  • Instead of writing about the process, I need to analyse the production as a media text. 

No comments:

Post a Comment